Ahh I missed writing! Sorry for the week long break last week. Things have been crazy busy!! But that’s no excuse to not update this space 🙂
So I wanted to finish off the La La Land series with a post on Venice! Well, Venice in LA is very very different from the one in Italy. One, there’s no gondolas. Two, there’s way too many muscular people and not enough fashionable ones unlike the Venetian city of my dreams! Three, homelessness is a real issue on the boardwalk so much so that tourists are advised not to venture near the boardwalk after sundown and it literally turns into tent city central.
It is a special place though. Because it was here that I learned that I haven’t been working hard enough. Not nearly. You know how they say as humans we don’t use the full potential of our brain. Well, not only is that true mentally but it is also true physically as I push myself but only with a short term goal in mind.
Biking down the boardwalk from Santa Monica to Venice, I realized that I would like 5 things in this life:
- I want to live in a sunny place. Forever. God knows I love Toronto as a city. But man, the cold and grey days get to me. 90% of my wardrobe is spring/summer. So I hibernate during the cold long nights of winter and just recycle the 5 sweaters I own 🙁 not even kidding.
- I want to always, always be self-reliant. This one’s tough because I grew up within a family where everything was provided to me. I only had to be a good kid in school and the rest was an easy peasy life. But as an adult, bills, expenses, going grocery shopping, ugh and doing the dishes. Lets just say I wasn’t a happy camper. But over the years, living alone and then living with my husband, has taught me that I have to be good at juggling multiple responsibilities. And I rely too much on too many people but this year, I want to rely on me.
- I want to travel more and see more of this world and get out of the house more often. This goes without saying. Anyone who knows me knows I love the thrill of exploring a new place.
- I want to be a serial goal-setter. I started with mini goals and 1 big goal. I am addicted to checking things off my to-d0/milestone list. So, yea, I want to continuously set goals, smash them, and repeat
- The muscle beach in Venice reminded me that working out isn’t short-term so I can look good for summer. But it’s my continuous commitment to myself my well-being – emotional, physical and mental.
With those 5 thoughts spinning in my head the last few days of our trip to LA, I vouched to shuffle things around come new year and really use the energy of the changing calendar and new moon to set the record straight on what I can be and how much I can push myself.
Anyway, hope you liked this little life update. As for the outfit details, they are linked below. Oh, and let me know what you think of the pictures!
Romper: Dynamite Clothing (similar linked)
Bag: Chloe Drew SS16 collection from Paris (similar linked)
Sunglasses: Chanel (similar linked)
Bracelet: David Yurman Le Petit Coeur 14K gold (linked)
Shop This Look